+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The basics of bathroom faucets

The basics of bathroom faucets

I want a new bathroom faucet and before I go to my local home center I would like a little direction.

I plan on keeping my existing bathroom sink and I understand that all bathroom faucets are not the same.

So, I need a little help to determine what style faucet I should choose.

Could you please give me one of your famous plumbing pep talks on the basics of bathroom faucets?

You already have the first bit of information, bathroom faucets are not the same! Today there are many types and styles of bathroom faucets available and it can be a little confusing to choose a faucet to fit your existing sink. Consult your plumber to ensure your exact replacement type or if you have a wall-mounted faucet.

Here are some bathroom faucets basics:

The two most popular categories for three-hole bathroom sinks are widespread and centerset faucets. Widespread bathroom faucets usually feature separate components with hot and cold handles that measure between 8 to 16 inches apart. Centerset faucets are usually compact single unit deck-mounted types with hot and cold handles about 4 inches apart.

For single-hole bathroom sinks, a single-hole, single-handle faucet usually does the trick.

Final tip: Bring a photo of your existing faucet to the home center so the salesperson can get a better handle on choosing your best replacement.

+ Reply to Thread