+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Furniture Forum

My wife and I spent $3000 at the Ashley store in Holland, OH (suburb of Toledo). We purchased a love seat, sofa, kitchen table and chairs and Sealy queen mattress set.

The only thing that came in as advertised and as purchased was the queen set, of course it is not made by Ashley.

When delivered the new table needed repairs by a technician. The repairs went fairly well. It is a butterfly expandable table which would not expand properly, but after repair it now works in an acceptable manner. Not great but we will live with it. The table is made in China (which we were not told at time of purchase) and is of a pretty rustic quality.

Originally we purchased a microfiber loveseat and sofa with two recliners in each. The foam in the seats broke down within two weeks to the point that you wondered if you would end up on the floor when you sat down.

The gap between the seats on the loveseat was measured at two and three quarters inch. You could easily look between the seats and see the floor and wall behind. The seats were sewed at such odd angles that they looked like they were put together by a boy scout with a hatchet. No amount of repair was going to solve this problem.

Plus there were other quality issues. Uneven cushions and footrests, top of the back seats were uneven to the point of over three inches. Nothing was matched or symmetrical.

We wanted a refund, but no deal, once Ashley has your money you have seen the last of it. So we decided to 'upgraded' to a leather loveseat and sofa. More money but not better quality.

I even went to the distribution centre when the new leather loveseat and sofa arrived to inspect both for my acceptance before delivery. Three items were discussed by myself and a technician and were agreed to be repaired before delivery.

These three 'issues' were not repaired.

The really big issue is the quality of foam in the seats of the loveseat and sofa. After only a month of use the foam has broken down to a point that one would think that both pieces were several years old. Again we feel like we are sinking to the floor when we sit down.

Other construction issues include particle board used in the furniture, cardboard used as the support in the armrests. This will cause the furniture to basically collapse in about a year.

The overall quality and workmanship of both pieces is poor to terrible and definitely are not of the quality represented on the showroom floor.

Due to the poor quality furniture and Ashley's refusal to refund any money (they will only give you store credit after charging you an twenty-five percent restocking fee) we will never enter an Ashley store again, we will recommend to anyone that will listen that they never consider purchasing any Ashley furniture.

In our opinion Ashley Furniture sells poor quality products, misrepresents the quality of what they sell on the showroom floor, do not inform you of the restocking fee until you try to have a problem resolved, will not refund any of your money and essentially operate a bait and switch store.

So after spending $3000 we were treated like dupes, someone to be conned, and basically told to stuff it.

I would never recommend Ashley furniture to anyone.

ASHIT-LEY Couch ripped in 2 weeks, and not at the seam!

My wife paid $2000.00 for a leather couch. 2 weeks later it ripped, and this was not in the seam but the actual leather! Tried to contact the furniture place, and they sent someone over to sew... yes sew it. OMG.... looked like a scar on a face of a monster. Called Ashley.... got no where with them. Got the run around, no call backs. Can't afford to replace it right now. We gave up. This was a few years ago... but anytime I can write a review I take the opportunity. Anyway, I've glued it several times myself. Still can see the scar and this is what continues to Piss me off! Hey Ashley, wanna replace the POS you sold me yet?

When are you people going to learn that Ashley= trashley. They sell garbage and throw away furniture. Get used to it. Garbage is garbage annd it does noit improve.

We bought a brand new leather couch from Ashitly... couch ripped in 2 weeks. They told us they were going to sew it... yikes like you can see it. Customer service was a joke and non-existant. We gave up. This company sells crap

we bought a leather couch and love seat with 4 recliners and 4 glass top tables at a cost of $ 2700. The couch and love seats had a one year warranty and 5 yrs on the mechanisms. after only a few months of use the leather (camel in color ) began to turn white on the head and armrests.. They came and changed the headrest of one seat but said they couldn't change the armrest,. Wasn't long before the one headrest they changed along with all the others and the 4 armrests lost color!. What a disgrace:. no matter how many times we called, following their instructions to email pictures of the unusual wear the leather was sustaining, we were always put off and told that they would contact us:. They just wore us out and took our hard earned money,. Do yourself a big favor and dont buy a leather couch from Ashley Furniture,. You'll be very sorry and stuck with it no matter how hard or long you try to get satisfaction they lie to you and forget you after they have your money.

Ashley furniture shiloh,il

Bought recliner 9/16/12 mechanism broke 11/6/12. Response from co. Oh well, i can pay for someone to come look at it and pay for repairs or take it to an ashley warehouse in mo. Maybe can fix i live in so. Il really. Husband 100% disabled was trapped in ##@ chair. Co. Says should have gotten warranty, if i thought i would have for 10 years sure but for a year or two. With or without warranty less then 8 weeks this is awful, cust. Service does'nt return calls this store is in shiloh il they rely on military business "don't go"

I purchased a sleeper sofa from Ashley furniture 8 mos ago. The material is fraying, the back cushions are attached to the back and they are seperating from the back. Ashley is refusing to fix stating its normal wear and tear and customer inflicted (I guess that means that we did it on purpose). I paid $1,000 for this couch and expected it to last longer than 8 months. I have spoken to them several times and they more less stated that we damaged the couch. We hardly ever sit on the couch. I also paid an extra $100 for a warrenty that they said will not cover this.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH Ashley's furniture

A year ago in November we purchased $6,000 worth of furniture from Ashley's. Without realizing we were talking to the President of this business, Rick Martinez, we talked about building up our credit in order work on buying a house/. He approved our account and talked about the financing'. Two months into the account they sent our account to a company out of California, Monterrey Finance/. Aside from us having problems with the furniture, these people were suppose to report the account to the credit bureau so we could work on our credit/. Account payments were made on time and paid out?. Needless to say, it was never sent to credit bureau and they claim it was their fault and nothing can be done about it'. This business is a rip off!!!

Ashley Furniture - Customer Service..NOT!

We bought 2 rooms of furniture 18 months ago. 2 'all leather' couches were amongst the items. We have never yet had couches that looked new. These 'high end' products have constantly been in a peeling state. They send their techs and I spend my days waiting for people to come: assess, come: repair, come: assess, come:repair, come: assess.....Yes, 3 times so far and another in the works:.

One of the techs told me that the base won't peel because it's vinyl! My 'all leather' furniture is NOT all leather!. Guess this is a blessing since it's the only part that will hold up".

I have asked for it to be bought back as was explained to me by one of the techs that came out:. Oh no, they aren't doing that!. Even though it cracks everytime anyone over 50 pounds sits on it/. Very unconcerned customer service reps|. "it wasn't our intention to sell you defective products' was the excuse for not replacing. "Well, it wasn't my intention to pay thousands for crap either!"

Advice from THEIR tech... as soon as they look nice, sell them and get what you can out of it.

Huge footprints on the bottom of the coffee table we bought. A crack all the way down the side. Replaced after one year wait. Kitchen table/chairs have held up.

Ashley Furniture Delivery team - HORRIBLE - RUDE!

I have now had the same piece of furniture delivered to my condo by Ashley furniture two times. The first delivery staff was extremely rude and did not speak any English. When I told them the furniture was going on the third floor, the gentleman rolled his eyes at me and then started talking to his partner in Spanish. They broke a lamp getting the furniture upstairs and once it was upstairs they asked me to sign for it. The furniture had a tear in it and they told me there was nothing they could do - I needed to call the customer service number;.

Now three weeks later our new couch has been delivered,. A new delivery crew has arrived and they are just as rude as the first!. I heard them comment about how "this sucks" and then go on to speak in only Spanish around me,. They also rolled their eyes when I told them where the furniture was going/. I'm also 7 months pregnant and they asked me to lean over the stairs to assist them in bringing up the furniture".

Customer service inside the Ashley furniture store was great'. The delivery staff has made it so I will NEVER order furniture from them again. They were so rude. Clearly the only criteria for being a delivery person with Ashley Furniture is to be a man who can lift something. I'm writing this as they are still in my home and I'm counting down the minutes til they leave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast