+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Furniture Forum

Do not buy from Ashley Furniture Fairfield, Ca

Ashley furniture in Fairfield Ca. sold me a bed frame with a Tempur-pedic mattress Eastern King stating the frame would fit the mattress. Upon delivery the standard box spring was too high, Ashley ordered a low profile box spring. After delivery noticed the frame had damage and there is a four inch gap between the mattress and frame. Called Ashley they set up a technician to come look at it after delivery of the low profile box spring. On Friday 6/8/12 delivery of the new box spring was attempted again still too high called Ashley they have now ordered an “Ultra Low box spring” still not addressing the issue of the 4 inch discrepancy. Saturday 6/9/12 the technician (may I add is a contractor for Ashley) arrived and claimed I either had to get a custom frame and that the 4 inch gap was normal. I then called Ashley as that is not acceptable they directed me to Corporate Customer service for the return of all items. I have since called Mancini’s sleep ware spoke with Ian sales rep, Sleep Train David salesrep and Tempur-pedic Chris who advised Tempur-pedic does not make their mattresses different sizing and the 4 inch gap is not standard and by no means normal,. I called corporate office and they refused to do a return due to the box spring on order and referred me to the store!. I called the store who referred me back to corporate office for the return;. I asked to speak to a supervisor at corporate office they are refusing to accept a return because the contracted technician recommends that there is nothing wrong with the frame or the 4 inch gap.

This is a big issue if I trip getting out of bed because the mattress is not flush and there is a gap that Ashley claims is normal they are going to have a larger law suit/.

All I am asking for is a simple return because I was lead to believe by their salesperson Lucas everything was compatible?. Come to find out it is not?. Also I have found out that Tempur-pedic will not warranty any of their mattresses without their box spring supporting it which the salesperson at Ashley also failed to tell me until Friday 6/8/12..

Another Pissed Customer

Ashley furniture has got to be the worse furniture company in the world. We have been trying to get a bed post fixed for 3 months and all you get is someone will call but never do. The extended warrenty is worthless, they have no respect for there customers,. I wish I had read these complaints before buying they really would have helped me to make a decission that I really regret now:. We tried to cancel the order to begin with but didnt know about the 30% restocking fee until after we sign the paper work and were given the details after the purchase:. If they have this many complaints I wonder how they are still in business|. Just like the rest on big businees screw the little guy|. If you read these letters on nightmare really think before you buy the cheap *** furniture!. I except this type of treatment from a lesser named company but ASHLEY really'. I would rather live on the ground them buy a nightmare from ASHLEY;. Customer service is the biggest joke I have ever delt with.

Poor customer service and bugs!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! YOU CANNOT EVEN PAY ME TO SHOP AT ASHLEY FURNITURE EVER AGAIN!!! IF I WON A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO ASHLEY FURNITURE, I WOULD RIP IT UP INSTANTLY!!

Last fall (2011), I decided to purchase a table set (6 chairs and a dining room table) and a desk with a hutch. It was delivered in Sept on time. When they delivered the products, the hutch had a crack in it, one of the chairs had a crack in the legs, and under the table were some weird looking holes along with a crack. They left all the items and said they would replace the defective items in time. I remember thinking that the holes in the table reminded me of termite holes but I thought, well in Canada there are no termites..right??? Well, one month passes, and I am at the dining table doing some craft work and I heard something drop onto the ground. I look down to find all this saw dust and wood bits and two small WORM things crawling onto the ground. I was so disgusted!!! I looked under the table and there were more holes along with what looked like chewed up wood!!! I cleaned up the mess and called Ashley furniture only to have the run around by them. I placed the table outside, OBVIOUSLY! They were not happy to come pick up the table and were extremely rude on the phone to me!! I just dropped $2100 at their store and have never been treated so poorly...the last guy that I spoke to was super condescending and rude, basically stating that if something were to happen to the table while it's outside that it would be my fault and that Ashley furniture would not be responsible. They came and got the table though that day after the yelling match I had with them.

So I had placed one of the bugs in a ziploc bag and took it to a pest control place. I was not sure if this had infested by newly built home!! Turns out, the bug was a POWDERPOST BEETLE LARVAE that eats anything wood...hardwood, soft wood, treated wood. Luckily it did not look like they had infested my house. I'm just glad I happened to be at that table at that time because who knows what would have happened if we caught it later!!!

So never again will I shop at Ashley furniture!!! They did give me a refund on the table and chairs...but that is about it.

Looking for a leather loveseat recliner & am SO confused! The stores all mention their leather quality of which I am clue less as to what they are talking about. Then I'm told the extended warranties they rave about are actually only good as long as the store is in business, so many price differences, etc. The leather recliner we have is 'shot' in seven years: leather on the back splitting (& not in a seam either), sides of seat cushions wearing thin, etc. yet I'm told 'good leather' furniture with normal good care & use should last 20 years or more. But what brands would fit this description? I've searched Sofa Mart, HiLife, LazyBoy & Ashley locally & can't decide ... anyone have any ideas? I don't want to make another $$$ mistake like the previous one!

POOR Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky View Post
    My husband and I purchased a living room set, reclining leather sofa, loveseat and recliner from Ashley Furniture off Man O War in Lexington, Kentucky January 2012. I was so excited to get our furniture and at the time was pleased with my store visit. Shortly after our furniture came we noticed that the couch and loveseat looked dry and cracking from top to bottom. I contacted the store in February and was given the number and name "Linda" to contact. Long story short after many phone calls it was decided that the furniture would be recovered not replaced. 7 huge boxes were sent to our home and when number 7 arrived I was to contact them for pick up. They finally arrived and were picked up at the end of April. Yeah you read that right, "APRIL". They were supposed to be returned a couple of days later. After 2 weeks of waiting with no furniture I called for them to tell me that a piece was not ordered for the sofa. After numerous phone calls to the store and distribution center I was told my furniture would be delivered, not completed yet as the sofa was missing an arm. They came on the next scheduled day and only had my loveseat. The sofa had been left off of the truck,. Another day was scheduled for them to bring my sofa!. I am still sitting here looking at my sofa with no arm!!!! I visited the store to speak to the manager of which she stated they have been timely and all sales are final.. I wanted my 2000;.00 back and them to come and pick up my junk furniture but she stated that there is no way that would happen and I just needed to deal with it! Furiously I left the store in tears and contacted my attorney!. He is now reviewing all the documents/. I am truly heartbroken!! And I feel against a wall/. I just want everyone to know what happened and please do not give these crooks your hard earned money|. And yes I said crooks because there is no better words to describe them.
    We purchased a bedroom set from Ashley Furniture in Lexington, KY. At the time of purchase we were told that the majority of the furniture would be delivered within two weeks and the remaining pieces within three weeks. By the way, we were not made aware of their all sales final policy until after they had charged our credit card. We questionned why we were not informed of this policy prior to the purchase and the question was met with a glare and a smart comment from the receptionist. Now with it being two weeks from the time of purchase and receiving no communication from the company, we called and question the delivery date. We are now being told that they will have some idea of the delivery date within another two weeks,. When we protested, we were passed back and forth between the sales person and the floor manager with both of these individuals telling is that if we have a problem, we need to speak with some other person and that there was nothing that they could do about furniture delivery|. We demanded our money back and were initially told no/. We told them that either they were to refund our money or get the furniture to us within the three week delivery time as was promised?. We received a call from the sales person accusing us of being too pushy and demanding on them (imagine that, this company not caring to be held accountable for their own words) and that we could come and get our money back.. I am now viewing complaints from several other consumers regarding the poor quality of the furniture and lack of customer service once the furniture is delivered?. We did go and get our money back;. This worked out in our favor". However, to those of you viewing this website, LET THE BUYER BEWARE WHEN IT COMES TO ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORE.

Ashley Furniture's management

I paid 1218.00 dollars for a bedroom set for my son. I put it on Lay A Way due to our upcoming move. The idea was to have them deliver the set the day before the movers came. We were never contacted to let us know that it had arrived. The week before the movers were to come I called them and was told that the set I had all but paid for was returned and that it had been discontinued. So we went in and found another bed set that he lovede. We were told that it would take too long for it to arrived and the Manager Josh said he would just give us a refund. My wife told him that we would take the floor model and he said "No we can't do that". I thought the cusomer was always right? Why would anyone not want to make a sale. Anyway we went to one of their sister stores, The Furniture Zone,. The guy there bent over backwards to help us and would just transfer the money to their account since they were all part of the same team/. We called Josh to let him know what we intended to do|. He had already processed the refund". I called my bank and was told that since the transaction hadn't posted that Ashley could cancell it|. Josh said he wouldn't cancel it to just wait for the money to post and buy somewhere else!. We explained the short timeline that we were on and he didn't care the least bit!. They were all very rude and treated us like our money wasn't good enough to be spent there?. Avoid Ashley Furniture Home store in Killeen Texas.

These idiots at Ashley load defective furniture on their trucks and hope you will take it! Well Not me!

but the worst part is when you pay 2500 for item and they tell you that you will have to wait 3 to 4 days to hear from their customer service department because they must process their paperwork as credit so they can reorder the furniture you already paid for. The corporate customer service is no better just unfortunately we cant do that. So I explained that if I walk in to Ashley store right now with my 2500.00 I can get ETA for furniture from them and since you already have my money why cant you give me ETA on next order and the answer was we must first process our paperwork before we can move forward and that takes 3 to 4 days...how crazy is this a big business that cant accommodate paying customers in cash just unfortunately our process doesn't allow this! who is the moron at corporate that puts his process before customer satisfaction too bad he doesn't have to answer to JD Powers about this because he would be lambasted in the press. I find Ashley may have good prices but they are worthless when it comes to service and if you don't believe me you are more than welcome to become their next victim. Go Ahead I dare you to experience the horrible service they provide because then there will be 1 more person sharing their poor customer service experience with the paying public and then they will either improve their processes or they will eventually fall to the side of Woolworths, Montgomery wards and other big box retailers that didn't have the insight to adapt, Improvise and overcome their own stupidity.

My husband and I bought a buffet and coffee table and end tables from Ashley Furniutre. First they ordered the wrong furniture then we finally got the right stuff and was completely messed up smashed corners and cracked places. My husband signed a form when picking up the furniture and they will not pay us for our gas, we have to return the tables and then in a week and half pick up the others. I think they should give us gas money for our wasted gas. I am not even asking for my time just gas but was told no because we signed a form. We did not want them to open the boxes we would have no way to carry them home safely and we thought we were getting good stuff

$850 worth of junk!!!!!!!!!

Bought a microfiber sectional in chocolate brown color for almost $850. 13 days after the 1 year warranty expired I set a pair of folded jeans on one section of it and hear a loud pop. Sure enough the springs had shot through the bottom of the couch in 2 places ripping the fabric and pushed up on the fabric above ready to pop.. The piece is unusable and due to their 5 year limited warranty all that is covered is the springs themselves|. I have to cover all of the labor and shipping if applicable etc.. The original store I bought it from couldn't tell me who to call since I had moved to a different state|. After locating a local store they gave me a 1-800 # to call in this specific situation.. The couch broke on a Saturday night and I called both places Sunday and of course the 1-800 # is closed on Sundays,. The furniture is so cheap and the piece that broke was the one of the two that was used much less'. Go figure/. Do not waste your money on this nonsense.

I have seen such an example of Ashley furniture, and it has good quality, best style and attractive look. A big advantage with Ashley furniture is we can see different kinds of verities with a quality brand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast