+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Furniture Forum

Ashley Furniture Makes Mistakes that You Ultimately Pay For

Ashley furniture in Elkton, MD ordered my furniture in the wrong color - my son picked it up and could not tell it was the wrong color because it was wrapped in plastic. He placed it in my home but I am not living there yet so I didn't see it until yesterday. Now Ashley will not take it back and give me the color I ordered because its been 4 days rather than 1. The furniture still has the tags on it and no one has even sat on it. This is the second time I've had trouble with this store. The customer service is a joke. Never Again!

Ashley Furniture Disaster

I'm extremely frustrated and feel miserable because of Ashley Furniture. I purchased a daybed on the 18th of November 2012 and my product was to deliver on the Thursday of the week after which would be on the 29th. They did not deliver nor did they try to contact me on the day of the delivery so I could be aware of the situation. So I took the day off and went to their store to see what was up; however the store manager was not there as I was told. So I explained my situation to the store costumer service and she managed to get Ashley Furniture's costumer service to contact me to setup another delivery date which would be today, December the 4th from 1-4 PM. So today I took off from work again from 1-4 and they still did not deliver on the specified time. I left my house at 4:05 PM to go back to work and that's when they finally managed to call me. They told me that they would arrive in approximately 40-45 minutes so now I had to ask my son to stay home for the delivery and I was informed that they had arrived on 4:40 PM. When I came home from work at 6 PM, I noticed that the bed was not properly assembled. There was either a problem with the bed or they had no idea how to assemble it together because the screws were not even properly screwed. Another problem that the assembly had was that the bottom section of the furniture was supposed to slide inside; but they had left it out and it was impossible to slide it in. I called costumer service and was told that it would take 7-10 days for them to come and check out the problem. This was the last straw, now I hated my purchase so much that I went to the store and asked for a refund. They told me that I would not be able to get my refund due to the fact that I had made the purchase more than 2 weeks ago. I told them that my product had only been delivered a few hours ago and asked to talk to the store manager; however, as usual I was told that the store manager had taken the day off. The same costumer service lady who I had approached the week before told me that the store manager would call me soon but I know that the store manager would not be able to help me even the slightest. So after all this trouble that I had went through, I called my credit card company and asked them for my refund. I will put in all my effort, in order to achieve my right and I will not stop.

My dinning room set chairs were missing screws and actually one chair came apart after only two days from delivery. After inspecting the other chairs they were all missing screws. The company came out and deemed chairs defective. That was three weeks ago and I still have not received a replacement. They are paid in full 11/6/12 and I am stuck with a set that cannot be used (potential for harm if anyone sits in chairs). They keep scheduling delivery, I take off from work only to have the delivery canceled. The last delivery 12/7/12 I called after they were a hours past the time frame and was told the set was not on the truck and they would have to scheduled another delivery. I have asked for compensation and a new set (no answer yet) but really thinking about just getting a refund. Never had this type of experience with any company.

bought a couch and loverseat recliners. too big for the room. wanted to return and buy other furniture. was told they would not take it back because it is listed on back of sale as "buyers remorse!
    WHAT!!!every other furniture store in clearwater takes back furniture, some without charge. what am i supposed to do with two pieces that don't fit? the trucker told me i had 72 hours to request a return. the sales manager questioned whether i was told that, so now i am a liar. they should just say all sales are Final. this buyers remorse stuff is nonsense. terrible company. my only remorse is ever going there.

We bought a new home and needed to buy new furniture, we shop around and found what we liked at Ashley's.so we bought sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture, after the first year cushions were very uncomfortable did not hold shape, they replaced them the first year and said they would not replace again.

after another year they are very uncomfortable and look old. My sofa, that is over 35 yrs old looks better.

Very dissatisfied.
    Word of mouth is the best advertisement and I will tell others not to buy from Ashley.
    BJ from Surprise, AZ

sofa from ashley furniture fake wood really plastic pealing?

I bought a lounge chair from ashley
    years ago that microfiber material which has held up well many years, however, I bought a sofa approx 2 months ago and I noticed this white fleck in the groove in the wood looking part.When I went to try clean it more pealed off.

OMG it looks like real wood but I really think it is painted plastic.....l
    With so little wood accent on it you could not use the real thing? I will not make any more purchases there.

I am very dissapointed.Why are you purposely fooling the customer with this cheapness?

Ashley Furniture - Chuck

On Aug. 8, 2009 we purchased a motorized reclining couch and two chairs. The sales person told us if we purchased the additional five year protection plan for $199.95 all mechanical and electrical components would be covered. She told us the motors can be very expensive and this would protect us.

We have a problem with one of the chairs and they tell us now that is not covered, only fabric.

I called to talk to the sales person and have been told she is on the phone and will call us back. She never calls back.

I realize that these sales people get a commission for these warranties, but that is no excuse for this kind of dishonesty.

Ashley Furniture - Defective furniture with a worthless warranty

My 80 year old mother purchased $11,000.00 worth of furniture from Ashley Furniture including a $450.00 warranty to cover the leather and wood.After 3 years her "leather" couch began peeling.

Huge sheets of the top layer of leather have come off so the couch looks like a bad rummage store piece. She went to the store to talk to them because she wears a hearing aid in one ear and has a cochlear implant in the other so talking on the phone is very difficult for her. She was told the store had been sold and the new owners were in Lubbock, Tx and she would have to call them. She called and was told they would investigate.

After several calls on her part and sitting on hold for extended lengths of time she was told because the store had sold she was out of luck they would not honor the warranty. At this point I got involved as I thought maybe with her hearing difficulties she had misunderstood. I called consumer affairs for Ashely Furmiture and was rudely told I could only deal with the Lubbock store. I tried to explain to the woman that Lubbock had told us to call them and she rudely told me that she could not help me in any way.

I then called the Lubbock store back and was told by Cynthia she would check on it and call me back the next day. After a week I tried to reach her but instead talked to Daniel who had spoken with my mother. He told me he would have to check on it ( wonder what he was doing during the 2 months between talking to my mother and talking to me??). He called me back the next day and informed me there was nothing Ashely would do nor would they honor the warranty.

He was unbelievably rude and was telling me I could pursue any means I wanted but Ashley was NOT going to do anything. I asked to talk to his supervisor and was transferred to Tammy. She also said she would have to check on it with her superiors and call me back. The next day I received a call from Ashley service department and was told they had contacted the previous owner and he said there was nothing they would do.

He said they would give my mother a discount if she wanted to go pick out a new living room set but they could tell me how much of a discount until she actually picked out the furniture. (As if she would buy one stick of anything from them ever again).

At this point I feel i need to explore a class action suit or perhaps a private lawsuit.This is fraud and they should not be allowed to get away with it.

Ashley Furniture - Strange Delivery policies

I don't know, maybe all furniture delivery is like this, but I found Ashley's delivery policies to be insane.

They called to schedule our delivery, Thursday is the earliest date (all of 2 days notice). I asked about Saturday, oh we're all booked up on Saturdays until the end of the month. OK, how about Monday? (Since my wife is already off on Monday for something else). No, we don't work on Mondays.

Ok, so Tues-Sat only, only no Saturdays until late this month, anything else? Yeah, we'll give you a 4 hour window, but we can't tell you what the window is until the day before delivery....Seriously? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are you running here? You clearly don't deliver to people that work on an hourly schedule.

So, I have to take an entire day off work, at short notice with my boss, in order to be there to get the furniture that I've already paid for because you can't tell me which FOUR HOUR BLOCK OF TIME I need to be there for....

Why Ashley Furniture SUCKS!!

Think twice before wasting hard-earned money on Ashley Furniture!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast