View RSS Feed

Olga

1. How can I clean the air in my home?

Whether you live in an expansive estate or a cozy cottage, there are proactive ways to ensure the air in your home stays healthy year-round. Here's a look at how to recognize and address common indoor air pollutants.

Tackle mold head-on

A leaky window, a drip beneath the sink or a humid climate can all trigger a mold problem in your house, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It's common for people to have an allergic reaction to mold, and it can also ...
  2. How do I get rid of bad smells in my house?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad smells in my house.jpg 
Views:	2737 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	11301Foul smells aren’t just unpleasant.

They can also signal unhealthy conditions, making it important to find and remove the source as soon as possible.

Whether your furry friends are wreaking havoc on your carpets or you’re catching a whiff of something musty and new, different odors can indicate whether you should sterilize things yourself or call in a professional.

1. Rinse your dishwasher

Eliminate odors and give ...
  3. Which paint colors create a relaxing space?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colors.jpg 
Views:	2206 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	11299Does seafoam green really evoke feelings of renewal? Can periwinkle blue actually lull you to sleep?

Interior designers have long thought that paint color can affect our emotions, and color psychology backs up the hunch.

Here’s a look at the swatches that cultivate a calm and relaxed environment throughout your home.

Soothing blues

From iceberg to deep navy, almost any shade of blue can convey a sense of tranquility ...
  4. How can I brighten my home in winter?

Refreshed decor, comforting paint colors and thoughtful upgrades can add a layer of warmth and sunshine to your winter days. These are a few simple ways to spark joy throughout the next few months – for you and anyone else who steps inside your home.

Update your kitchen backsplash

A simple way to rejuvenate the heart of your house? A brand-new kitchen backsplash. The upgrade is both functional and stylistic, injecting personality and depth to one of your home's most highly ...
    Categories
    Home Decor
  5. How much does it cost to hire a cleaning service?

There’s nothing quite like coming home to a clean house – especially when there’s little time to do the job yourself. The good news is hiring a professional housecleaner may be more a lot more affordable than you think. And the time and stress it saves can make it worth every penny!

Here’s a look at what you can expect to pay for house cleaning services and what’s typically included in the cost.

How much do cleaning services charge?

Professional house cleaners ...
  6. 10 tips to get organized

Clear the clutter! More than ever before, people are opting for minimalism instead of overstuffed and cluttered homes. From items purchased on a vacation to treasured mementos and those that have been gifted, the accumulation of items may be what is standing in the way of you creating a more organized home.

Closets should be organized and not just used for storage, ditto for kitchen pantry areas and shelving. Bookcases can become organized showcases for home decor.

Here ...
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast