PDA

View Full Version : Widespread bathroom faucets

Zoya
06-07-2016, 09:29 AM
I need to choose a new bathroom faucet for our existing sink. The more information I receive the more confused I get and I don't know what to do. I need to choose between a widespread faucet or a centerset faucet.

What's the difference?

home improvement guy
06-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Not only are you choosing style, you also need to choose a faucet type that fits your existing bathroom sink.

For example: If you have a single-hole sink, you want to look for a single-hole bathroom faucet. However, when you have a three-hole bathroom sink, you usually need to choose between a widespread or a centerset faucet to correctly match the sink.

Two-handle centerset faucets are the standard compact models and measure 4 inches from the center of one handle to the center of the other handle. Widespread faucets measure at least 8 inches or more between faucet handles. Also, with a widespread faucet, the spout and handles are usually three separate components.

Bottom line: Get out your ruler and hopefully with this information you'll now feel like you measure up to making your final faucet choice.

Centerset Faucet
Widespread Faucet